Midlas’ Tenant Advocates provide individual advocacy, education and support for residential tenants in WA.
Our team can assist with:
- Providing information and advice to tenants on their rights and responsibilities under the Residential Tenancies Act 1987 (WA) so that they may act on their own behalf in settling disputes
- Negotiation, conciliation and advocacy with property agents, owners and the Department of Housing to secure an improved outcome for tenants and prevent homelessness
- Providing court representation at the Midland Magistrates Court where appropriate if the tenant is unable to advocate for themselves
- Helping people to address issues with their landlord
- Where appropriate, helping people to find affordable and manageable rental accommodation