When the Housing Authority requests that you as a tenant fill out a rent review form please do this as quickly as possible and get it back to the Housing Authority as you may be paying more rent than you need to. If you have a household member that qualifies for Centrelink benefits but doesn’t receive them, the Housing Authority will then charge you full market rent as it is their belief that this person may be working and should contribute. Make sure that if you qualify for benefits you are receiving them and show the documentation to the Housing Authority.

If you need further information please contact Midlas on 9250 2123 or drop in for our tenancy advice service on a Friday morning.

Midlas Mission: We partner with individuals and organisations to promote independence, strength and wellbeing in our community through support, advocacy and education.