Did you know…?

Voluntary job seekers can access jobactive employment services even if you’re not receiving a Centrelink payment. If you’re eligible, you can get free professional help to:

  • Write a resume
  • Look for work
  • Prepare for interviews
  • Understand what skills are needed
  • Use self-help facilities (may be computers or newspapers)

This service is provided for up to six months.

You may be eligible if…

You receive one of the following Centrelink payments:

  • Parenting Payments (at least one child under 6 years old), Carer’s Payment, Aged Pension or Sickness Allowance;
  • Disability Support Pension or Special Benefit and you have no participation requirements or;
  • Are studying full time as part of an apprenticeship or traineeship.

If you are not receiving a Centrelink payment, you may still be eligible if you are also not:

  • A full-time student.
  • In paid employment for 15 hours or more per week.
  • An overseas visitor or on a Working Holiday visa.
  • An overseas student studying in Australia.
  • Prohibited by law from working in Australia.

How do I apply?

Call the Employment Services Information Line on 13 62 68 (charges apply from mobiles) to confirm eligibility or go directly to www.jobactive.gov.au , find your local jobactive office and register directly!

For more information online, go to www.employment.gov.au/jobactive

If you are out of work, it might be a good idea to speak to a free, accredited and confidential Financial Counsellor to see what other options you have.  You can book in at Midlas on 9250 2123 or call the National Debt Helpline on 1800 007 007.

Midlas Mission: We partner with individuals and organisations to promote independence, strength and wellbeing in our community through support, advocacy and education.