Legal Assistance

Midlas provides a free legal service to assist and advise people in the areas of Family Law (children’s issues), Family Violence and Criminal Injuries Compensation.

 Family Law – Children’s Law

  • Who the children live with
  • How much time spent with each parent
  • Parenting Plans and Parenting Orders
  • Applications to Family Court of WA ( and response documents)
  • Passport and travel applications
  • Breach of court orders
  • We can assist with correspondence and negotiation and preparation of court documents but are unable to provide representation in the Family Court
  • Advice and minor assistance with divorce process

Family Violence

If you are experiencing   family violence, we can provide advice and assistance with:

  • Applications for Family Violence Restraining Orders (“FVROs”)
  • Representation at hearings in the Midland Magistrates Court
  • Preparation of documents
  • Correspondence and negotiation

Criminal Injuries Compensation Claims ( related to Family Violence)

If you have been a victim of crime and suffered an injury we can assist with :

  • Advice and preparation of application, drafting statements and obtaining police and medical records

If you need help with: Property matters, traffic accidents, a civil matter; or wills and/or enduring power of attorney. Please contact Citizen Advice Bureau or Legal Aid

Useful Links

Family Court WA

Legal Aid WA

Citizens Advice Bureau

Community Legal Centres Association

Consumer Credit Legal Service WA

Community Legal Centres Association (WA)