The implementation of the Authorisation of Restrictive Practices in Funded Disability Services Policy on 1 December 2020 may result in people with disability and their families applying to the State Administrative Tribunal (SAT) for Guardianship orders.
To support people through this process, Midlas are working to provide people with disability their families and carers advocacy, advice and representation through the SAT process.
The free support will help you:
- Understand the authorisation requirements for restrictive practices, and how this may affect a person with disability;
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of a Guardian;
- Prepare a Guardianship application, if required;
- Collect and present evidence to support an application for Guardianship; and
- Attend the tribunal hearing.
This is a state-wide program available to any person with disability their families and carers, and can be accessed by contacting Midlas directly to book an appointment:
(08) 9250 2123