Midlas financial counselling service empowers clients and families with the skills, knowledge and confidence to take control of their personal financial situation and prevent similar matters from reoccurring. Midlas financial counsellors assist clients in financial stress to explore, develop and implement strategies for redressing credit and debt issues.
Midlas financial counsellors offer a contemporary service dealing with a wide range of issues including, but not limited to:
– Budgeting information, advice, tips, and resources to help you set up a successful budget and stay motivated
– Advocate, empower and provide tools to individuals and families to deal with government and non-government departments, creditors and utilities
– Advocate for/ provide information on consumer rights including information about consumer credit and independent dispute resolutions schemes
– Provide information about bankruptcy
– Provide information about superannuation, early release of superannuation due to hardship and insurance within superannuation policies.
– Make appropriate referrals to legal services, emergency relief providers and other local services
– Provide community members with education and training to empower clients to take control of their financial circumstances.
– Assistance with WA No Interest Loan Scheme applications
– A recent Centrelink Income Statement and/or payslip
– Bank statements for the past three months
– Any letters or bills related to the issue
Financial Counsellors Association of WA
Consumer Credit Legal Service (WA) Inc.
National Association of Community Legal Centres
WA No Interest Loan Scheme
Department of Commerce
Financial Ombudsman (For complaints regarding: banking, credit, loans, general insurance, life insurance, financial planning, investments, stock broking, managed funds, pooled superannuation trusts, estate planning, estate management and trustee services)
Credit Ombudsman (For complaints regarding: non-bank lenders, finance brokers, credit unions, building societies, debt collection firms, financial planners, trustees, servicers, aggregators, mortgage managers)
Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman
Energy & Water Ombudsman
Australian Financial Security Authority
Debt Self Help